Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Technorati

I used the advanced search feature to find information on library 2.0. I thought that by using the quotes in keyword my results would have been narrowed to that topic. It pulled up library and 2.0 results instead of "library 2.0" topics only. I found that I had to weed through the results to find those that I really wanted to read. When I searched for the same topic in the blog search box, I only received 16 hits. The search that resulted in the largest number of hits was when I searched by tag. I received 2,687. Many of the hits were in different languages.

I liked looking at the popular searches. It let me know what people were talking about most. I found a hit about news that was listed 2 minutes ago. I don't know if I would use Technorati because blogs are mostly people's opinions about various topics. I would much rather visit an authoritative site and form my own opinion about whatever the topic is. But, like I said, it is fun to visit.

No comments: