Thursday, October 18, 2007

Quest 10

We did not have to blog our experiences with any of these websites but I enjoyed this one so much that I had to comment on it. The website is called evite.com. It is a social event planning website and it is full of everything you need to plan the perfect get together. There are free invitations, checklists for your party planning, a budget estimator, thank you notes to send after the event, and a blog to see what ideas others contributed after planning their special event. There were all types of events to plan for - birthday parties, family reunions, barbecues, baby showers, movie nights, the list goes on. You can even order your party supplies online. You can take photographs at your event and upload them on the website to share with people not able to make it. This is a website that I will certainly suggest to patrons who are planning that special event that just has to be perfect. There was also a link to help out of town guests find hotel rooms!

I chose one of the events, BBQ, and followed the links. There was information on selecting free online invitations, attire and other essentials, and activities to play outside. There were food ideas, a link to food and beverage gifts, and music to play. The music included title and artist. There was a blog that listed other events that people hosted and ideas that they wanted to share along with photos. I will definitely use this site in the future. The best part is that everything is free. I never saw a link to get further information if I paid a fee or that I had to register with them to use their site.

1 comment:

Buffy Librarian said...

Vickie,
I have been sent invitations and invited people through evite. It is easy to use. I like that you can see who was invited and who has responded. It is much cheaper than mailing invitations for informal things.
Beth